I love smoked salmon. Like, really love it. I could eat it every day forever.
So last month, I found myself with a very large package of smoked salmon. I knew that I had to do a little experimenting. This was the result of my labors.
I love this appetizer because it looks so fancy but is really so, so very easy. Microwave some baby potatoes, mix up some cream cheese with herbs, place some smoked salmon on top and serve it with green salad – and done!
You’ll look like a star!
Ingredients (4 servings)
- 8 baby potatoes
- 4tbl. spoons cream cheese
- 1tbl. spoon Greek yogurt
- 1tbl. spoon fresh herbs (dill and parsley)
- 120gr/4ounces smoked salmon cut in stripes
- green leaves salad
- olive oil
- 1t.sp. french mustard
- white balsamic vinegar or lemon
- salt – pepper
- Place potatoes in a baking dish, add some olive oil, salt and pepper, give them a toss to cover skin with seasoning and bake in high temp for about 14 min.
- Mix cream cheese, Greek yogurt (adds the sourness) and herbs (you could add some garlic if you like it).
- Prepare a vinaigrette with olive oil, mustard and white balsamic vinegar and dress over your green leaves salad.
- Cut baked potatoes in halves, place them on top of green salad, spread cream cheese mix on top and finish it with the stripes of smoked salmon.
This dish works great as an appetizer or just to accompany a good glass of wine preferably white.
For my vinaigrette I usually prefer lemon over vinegar as I have my own lemon tree right outside my kitchen window and the flavors and aromas are unbeatable plus I get to use the zest.
This meal is already well balanced but if you insist on cutting off some fats you can use light version of cream cheese and Greek yogurt.