Don’t you just love those easy – one bowl recipes? I know I do!
Today I proudly present to you a recipe my mother makes ever since I was a child. Though it’s traditional origin, it has the freshness of the progressive healthy cuisine and this is why it’s one of my favorite snacks up until today.
Crustless Zucchini Pie is an excellent choice for a quick lunch and it is easily packed in lunch boxes to bring at work or school. Could also be served as an appetizer and you won’t believe how great it works as a beer snack during those warm Mediterranean summer nights.
- 500g green zucchini grated (take off the seeds even if you are using medium size zucchinis)
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 300g feta cheese in chunks
- 200-250g self-rise flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- some butter for your tray
- Add all ingredients in a bowl and mix them leaving feta cheese and flour in the end.
- Butter the bottom of a medium baking tray and add some flour
- Add the mixture in and spread in evenly in thin layer
- Drizzle with some olive oil
- Bake in preheated oven in 180C for 50 minutes until golden-brown
* You could use the same mixture to make exquisite zucchini fritters but personally I prefer baking over frying for less mess and calories 😉
* If you can’t find feta cheese try it with any fresh goat cheese.
* You can skip the spring onions if you believe it’s too heavy for your taste.
You won’t believe how tasty this easy crustless pie is. Once you try it I’m sure it will become a family favorite 😉
Till next time… ❤