About a month ago my friend Sheema-Throughmylens, the inspired blogger of sheemazaman a thoughtful life style blog, nominated me with the “Creative Blogger Award”. I immediately decided to answer because nominations are truly a gesture of encouragement and appreciation and a creative way for new bloggers to meet each-other.
Sheema I can’t thank you enough for this honor and your support.
On my previous award nomination (Liebster Award) I took the opportunity to talk about myself and let people know who’s behind this blog. This time I want to share with you my small experience as new blogger with all the backstage funny details.
So without any further ado, let’s get right into it!
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share five facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 – 20 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
Five facts about me…as a new Blogger
1. I thought blogging was a lonely sport and that this is a space to record my interests and hobbies and share it’s content whenever I wished mostly with friends and relatives. “Hey mom, look what I did!” You can imagine my shock when I saw that red dot on the wordpress tool bar next to the little white bell “Uh-uh somebody’s watching!” (it was my first like). OK people laugh all you want (I’m laughing too) but that’s who I am…I just DO things. I almost never read manuals and always do things by heart so I never read any tips or guidelines on how to become a blogger, I just did it! …and the reason why you can find on a previous post.
2. So why in English and not in my native language you may ask, and the answer is… once an expat always an expat! By the way I need to thank you for being so wonderful and put up with my funny English. Truth is I never studied the language properly, I just learned it by heart (just like blogging). Of course when I moved to UK things got better specially after taking a University course but it’s been ages since then and several other languages got in between so I need to fresh it up a bit.
3. Let’s stay in the language topic and let me share with you an embarrassing little secret. When I finish up writing and editing a post and go to preview to check it out I read it out loud to myself in British accent just to see if it sounds right! Yes yes I know it sounds funny and weird but since I am an acoustic person and as I told you learned English mostly by experience, British accent helps me to recall my memory! Of course when the post is published I magically find many wrong expressions or typing mistakes which I couldn’t see before. Does it happen to you too? Does publish button hold that power?
4. Though I started this blog as a personal record for my eyes only, I’m very happy that blogging turned out to be a social activity because in here I met the most amazing, interesting and talented people and I can’t even begin to describe how much I praise your support and your friendship. Your positive energy keeps me motivated and makes me want to become better and better and find interesting topics to share with you hoping to inform you about something new or even entertain you a bit.
5. Now prepare yourselves for a maximum level of weirdness is about to be revealed. I used to hate photography and when people asked me why I always replied that pictures make me sad because they are the proof of a moment gone in the past never to come back again. “Weeeird!!!” Since I realized how poetically wrong I was (pictures are memories and parts of stories to be told), now I’m struggling to master the camera settings of my mobile device trying to find right angles and proper lighting and you can only imagine the tons of teases I get from my husband.
Now for my nominees, it’s a difficult choice and I would really love to nominate you all because really just being here sharing your thoughts and experiences means you are creative and deserve this gesture, but rules are rules.
Here are 20 wonderful personal blogs with 20 wonderful creative people behind them. I want each one of you to know that I admire your work (content, projects, photos, ideas, structure and much more). I nominated you because I want more people to visit your blogs and be inspired by you. Feel free to ignore the nomination in case you don’t feel comfortable to follow the procedure. In case you do accept I’d tell you to seize it as an opportunity to tell us more about you and here’s a little reward….you get to choose your own budge of a creative blogger from the following gallery (or pick the one above).
Till next time…